Job Description and Details
To provide administrative support to the Executive Management and the Board of Directors (Board) by being a point of contact for all employees.
- Organizing the Board of Directors and management meetings and preparing Minutes of all such engagements, to accurately reflect the discussions and deliberations that occurred during the meetings.
- Recording of all voting results and Resolutions of the Board.
- Proper management and maintenance of all company records via filing in specially organized registers.
Range of Activities
- Liaising with the Chairman and Board members to coordinate dates for the Board of Directors meetings and notifying members of meeting dates within sufficiently acceptable time.
- Attending Board and other management meetings and preparing Minutes of all such meetings.
- Circulating minutes, meeting agenda, and other related documents to the Chairman and members of the Board.
- Providing additional information relative to meetings as requested by Board members.
- Coordinating all in-house and external activities of the Board.
- Liaising with Board members to determine their attendance or absence at meetings and informing the Chairman accordingly.
- Managing office supplies and placing orders when necessary.
- Ensuring that the minutes of all meetings and all reports and other documents submitted to and prepared by the Board are retained, in a manual and electronic filing system to allow for expeditious retrieval.
- Preparation of reports as requested by the General Manager or Chairman.
- Maintaining a company calendar and scheduling appointments.
Working Relationship and Communication
The job holder reports to the Chairman and General Manager and has a functional relationship with members of the Board of Directors and all managers, on a regular basis, on matters relating to the area of responsibilities.
The job holder will be exposed mainly to normal office settings except whenever the need arises for accompanying the members of the Board of Directors on-site visits, for record-keeping purposes.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Public or Business Management, or Communication or its equivalent accredited by a reputable University or Tertiary Institution plus two (2) years’ relevant practical experience.
- A Diploma in Public or Business Management, Communication or its equivalent accredited by a reputable University or Tertiary Institution, plus three (3) years’ relevant practical experience.
- Good knowledge of office procedures.
- Experience with office management software like MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint specifically).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.